Friday, December 17, 2010

Jake's First Birthday Party

Since Jake's first birthday is on Christmas Eve we decided to do his party in early December since the month gets so busy. We decided to do a jungle theme and I made a lot of the decorations myself (with the help of my friend's Cricut). It was a lot of work but I think things turned out really well.


Peter put up a lot of the decorations and did a great job!




The gift bags included fun jungle-themed items like an animal activity book with crayons, small binoculars, animal stickers, etc...


My friend Hailey made the amazing cake! She did such a great job and of course my parents and in-laws helped with the spread.



I ended up making the 'smash' cake and it turned out pretty good. I was impressed with myself! :-) Jake was a little hesitant to dig in but he did end up making a little bit of a mess and isn't that what 1st birthdays are all about?!?



My brother did all the games and the kids had a great time playing 'Pin the Tail on the Lion' and the 'Feed the Monkey Bean Bag Toss'.


Opening presents...of course Jake was more interested in the wrapping paper...



Having fun with the bean bag toss game.


Thanks to everyone that came out to celebrate! Jake had a great time!

No comments: