Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Bye Bye GPS


So a couple of weeks ago, Peter and I went to a Giants game with his work. We got VIP parking passes and had a Luxury Suite through his company and for the cherry on top, the game was vs. the Dodgers.

We had a great time, even though the Giants lost but as we walked back to the car I noticed that my passenger door looked like it hadn't been shut all the way (which was weird since I know I shut it and locked it). Then we got in the car and I got this funny feeling...I looked around and sure enough, our GPS stand was missing. We keep our GPS (affectionately called 'Helen') in center console, so I opened it up and 'she' was gone too along with the charger.

Apparently someone had noticed our empty stand in the car and figured there was a GPS in there and broke in. The funny thing is, they didn't break any windows and only took one other thing...they left all my CD's and other items that were in the car. They even rifled through the back and the glove compartment looking for the GPS before they found it in the center console. Luckily I didn't go straight from work to the game otherwise I would have had my laptop in the car and they would have taken that for sure.

Now we have to buy a new GPS (since I have come to rely on it so much) which is an expense we obviously didn't plan for, but more than that, I just hate knowing that someone was in my car! :-(

So, moral of the story is, never leave even the GPS stand in the car...it's just a hint to potential thieves that there is a GPS in the car and they might break in to find it. Apparently it's the new big thing to steal. Sometimes I just don't understand people...

2 comments:

Stefani said...

Brad had his GPS stolen out of his truck. Luckily it was only a week old and American Express covered it. On another note, my brother in law just had his whole truck stolen. He lives in AZ, when they found the truck they determined that it had been over the border to transport illegal aliens. NICE!

T and A said...

so sorry! :(