
Last week for Enrichment Night we did a service project for the troops. One of the women in my ward has a son serving in Iraq and he mentioned how difficult it is for them to find greeting cards to send back home. The activities committee heard this, ran with it and voila...Enrichment Night!
We made camouflage neck wraps with cooling gels in them (it's about 120 degrees daily in Iraq!) and greeting cards to send. My cards didn't come out great, but it's the thought that counts....right?!? :-) We made about 500 cards for all occasions and will send them to Iraq where the soldiers will be able to go to their own little hallmark (the chaplain) and pick up some cards to send out. It was great to be able to do something for the troops and even though it was a small thing I hope it will make a difference for someone. Thanks to our Enrichment committee for putting this project together!
1 comment:
I love a good enrichment activity. I can't imagine being in 120 degree weather every day, blech.
Post a Comment