So I just received my first “grown-up” calling. I have been asked to team teach Sunday school for the 14 year olds and I am completely freaking out! These aren’t just some primary kids who believe everything you say, these are young adults who can ask questions that I may or may not be able to answer and that scares me to death. I sometimes don’t feel as old as I am and definitely don’t feel that I am that much older than these kids (unfortunately, when I think about it, I am).
I am so grateful that I’ll be team teaching though. They’ve asked one of my friends (and one of the only people in my ward my age) to be the other teacher and she is a return missionary, so hopefully she’ll be able to fill in anything I can’t answer. I really feel now that the Lord calls on us to teach things that we need to learn ourselves and I am so glad to be given the chance to teach the Book of Mormon to these kids…even though I am so nervous and scared. I think they will teach me more than I will ever be able to teach them!
3 comments:
Ugh i feel ya... Im Mia Maid advisor and IM freaking out!! You could be such a great example to these girls im super excited for you!
you will be great and you are going to love your class so much!
So good to hear from you and I'm excited to get caught up on your life through your blog. You will do great teaching. Being a teacher is the best calling to have (in my opinion.) I look forward to future posts.
Post a Comment