Tuesday, November 15, 2011

22 month update

Helping mommy blow out her birthday candles

Trying on daddy's shoes after church


It's been awhile but I thought I would send out another little update. Jake is getting so big so fast it's amazing!

*We started trying to potty train him and although he's had a few set backs he's doing well. Every time he goes pee pee in the potty he yells "I did it!" which can be a little embarrassing in public restrooms!

*Any time he bumps into something or hurts himself in any little way he asks me to "kiss it better" which is so cute. The other day I had a migraine and Peter told him that mommy's head was hurting and he said "kiss it better?" Such a sweet little guy!

*He loves to sing and is getting better and better at our nighttime songs (You are my Sunshine, I am a Child of God, Twinkle Twinkle)

*Sports, sports, sports. His new thing is throwing the football around and I must say, he has a very good spiral!

*We converted his crib into a toddler bed so he is now proudly sleeping in a "big boy bed"

*He started a one day a week parent participation preschool and he loves it. We have to take his Thomas backpack with us every Wed.

*Jake is becoming more and more independent. He's constantly saying "byself" (by myself) when trying to do so many things. He wants to get in and out of his carseat "byself", cut his own food, get in and out of bed, etc..

We hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving! We are definitely thankful for our little family!

No comments: