Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Good Effort

Why am I not motivated to bake anything? I had such grand plans to bake up a storm this year. I made lists of the cookies and other treats I wanted to make. I went as far as to go to the grocery store to buy all the ingredients for said cookies and treats. I even bought cute little bags for all my treats to go in so I could hand them out to co-workers and friends. However, here we are, 1 week until Christmas Eve and have I made anything? Of course not! Granted, I
did make the random brownies and oatmeal chocolate chip cookies but those weren’t even on my list!

I know I still have some time, but my company is shut down for the holidays so I won’t be able to pass out treats to my co-workers (even if I do get around to baking). Maybe it’s for the best…if I do bake and have no one to give stuff to it will all be in my house for me to eat…and that’s the last thing I need. There’s always next year, or the next, or the year after that!

2 comments:

Stefani said...

I gave out store bought cookies this year. tee hee. Actually they were good, but I knew I just wasn't gonna get to the baking.

Also, I have had on my "to do" list for about 7 1/2 years now, to send birthday cards to all my family when it's their day. Guess what? It's still on my list for 2009. Someday...

Comarsh Crew said...

I was baked out this year. I made rolled cut out cookes & choco chip cookies. I don't want to bake for quite sometime. So maybe it was a good thing you didn't. You can always make them now & bring them over to your favorite 21 month old. hehehe. I saw your dad today at church, too cute!