Friday, August 15, 2014

Zoe Daniella

On July 29, 2014 we welcomed our little girl, Zoe Daniella Kelepouris into this world. This delivery was much different than Jacob's. This time around, given all we went through with Jacob, we scheduled a c-section. I was definitely hoping I could attempt a VBAC but it wasn't meant to be for me to deliver "naturally". I feel like it was a little more nerve-wracking anticipating the surgery and knowing what I would have to look forward to as far as recovery. We checked in to the hospital at 8 am that morning and by 10:39 am Zoe entered this world. She was 7 lbs. 12 oz and 20.5 inches long.

Brand new!
Zoe with Dr. Swarup


It was nice that Peter was able to stay with her while I was being stitched up and I could see her the whole time. After we were moved to recovery I was able to start breastfeeding her and she latched pretty quickly. As soon as we were moved to our room, my mom and Jacob came to meet her. Jacob was so excited and couldn't get enough of holding and kissing his sister.



Our whole stay at the hospital is a bit of a blur. There was a lot of cluster feeding, visits from my mom and Jacob and sleeping. Jacob had a hard time leaving us to go home with my mom and it was hard for me to be away from him but at least it was very temporary.


Our first "family of four" picture
We went home Friday morning and our first visitors (Robert, Andrew, Papou and Babcia) arrived on Sunday. I was still very swollen and by a Wednesday follow up appointment we found out that my blood pressure had spiked. This started a week of ER visits, doctor's appointments and medication trying to get my blood pressure down. It was such a stress dealing with my own health issues while trying to handle a newborn and a 4 year old. Thank goodness we had my mom here to help us out, especially during the late night ER visits. At one point they thought that they would have to admit me into the hospital and that was very upsetting since Zoe was only 9 days old at the time but thankfully they sent us home.




After my brothers and Peter's parents left, my dad, my brother in-law, sister-in-law and nephew came to meet Zoe. It was nice to have family come in and visit but it was also nice when everyone left and the house was somewhat quiet again. :-)





 We are so thankful that my mom was able to come and stay with us for an entire month. She was such a big help while she was here. We are adjusting to having two kids and so happy that we were blessed with another little bundle of joy!

No comments: