Sunday, March 18, 2012

Jake's first trip to the ER

I'm sure with a boy, this will be the first of many, just this last week we had to take Jake to the ER to get a couple staples put in his head. Monday night, I was getting ready to go on a business trip to Las Vegas and Jake was running around with Peter and Peter's dad. He ended up tripping and hitting his head on the leg of the coffee table. We didn't realize it was even bleeding at first but upon further inspection, we noticed there was a gash and there was blood dripping out of it. I stayed surprisingly calm and we took him to the ER where they told us Jake would need a couple staples. He was such a trooper and was so brave! I hope we don't have too many more of these little trips.

The wound

Our little trooper with the staples in his head

2 comments:

Cassy said...

Poor guy! I think it's a boy thing. It took my daughter until she was nearly 5 to get to the ER, but Dylan...3 days after his 2nd birthday :) Hope Jake feels better soon!

. said...

Ouch! I know staples to the head is a pretty standard procedure, but I don't think the idea will ever not be shocking to me!