Monday, March 30, 2009

I HATE Flying!

I just flew back from Las Vegas yesterday and I had the worst flight of my entire life. We had bad turbulence from the moment we took off until we were getting ready to descend into San Jose. And on top of that, the landing was even a bit rocky.

At one point the pilot got on the intercom and said “It doesn’t look good folks”. Probably NOT the best thing for a pilot to say! I wasn’t sure if he meant the turbulence wasn’t going to get better or that us landing safely wasn’t looking good! And to top it all off, I slept funny on Sat. night and had a stiff neck and with the added stress of the flight I can now not move my neck to the left. What a weekend! Too bad I have to get on another plane next Sunday to go to Orlando…I am going to need some tranquilizers for that flight for sure! ;-)

4 comments:

Stefani said...

Oh that is NO fun! Those hot areas are always like that. Thank goodness it is a pretty short flight. Good luck with the Orlando flight.

Adam & Samantha said...

I hate scary flights! glad you made it safe!

. said...

Oh man Amber I feel your pain. I am really, really scared of flying, and there is nothing anyone can say that can make me feel better about doing it. I think it is a control thing, i.e. i am not in control and therefore freak out. But you have to do it anyway right? I am sure your next flight will be less noteworthy as far as flying goes.

Reed and Bille said...

A couple of weeks ago Reed had to fly to Utah for a funeral. He had a stop in Vegas-----the turbulance on the flight was so bad he got a little nauseated AND banged his head on the side by the window. I asked if he was scared----he said "no but it was unpleasant."
I would have been in the fetal position----that stuff scares me